Our Design Process
Soirée Custom Paper & Co. specializes in custom handcrafted wedding stationery, event stationery and personalized stationery. Our goal is to provide you with memorable stationery pieces that you will love! We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. We want you to be 100% satisfied with your order. Please read on for further details regarding the steps of our design process and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com.
1) THE QUOTE - Please browse our gallery of designs and note that we can make any item uniquely yours by customizing wording, fonts, colors, papers and embellishments. Changes can be made at any point during the revision process. Please note that wedding invitations require a non-refundable deposit/design fee of $75.00 (or half of your order total) to begin work. All other stationery items (including bridal shower and birthday invitations, and personalized notecards) are to be paid in full at the time of order placement. If you find something that you love on our site and would like to request a quote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also post our pricing list so that you are fully aware of the costs of each of your potential stationery elements. Please click below to view our price list.
2) THE DEPOSIT/DESIGN FEE - Once you have received a quote from us (or determined your pricing from our price list) a deposit/design fee will be due to begin work on your wedding stationery order. The deposit will be invoiced to you via email. Once the deposit is received, the deposit will be applied to your outstanding final balance. The deposit for wedding invitations, or the full balance of social and personalized stationery is to be received in advance of proof preparation as the fees associated with proofing are included in the pricing of your order. There are no exceptions to this rule. Proofs are automatically prepared for wedding invitations, bridal shower invitations, and birthday invitations. Proofs are prepared upon request only for notecard orders. No proof will be provided without the deposit for wedding invitations, or the total balance for social and personalized stationery.
3) THE INITIAL DIGITAL PROOF - Once your deposit has been received, please make your paper and color selections and let us know via email. At the same time - please let us know exactly what you want your stationery piece to say. The wording you give us here will be the wording used when we create your initial digital proof. Not sure what you want say? No problem - will will assist you with wording during the revision phase. Please feel free to view our gallery as well for wording inspiration. Please submit your wording along with your paper and color choices to email@example.com (yes - .co). Please note that proofs are submitted to your email in 2 business days. As the studio is closed on the weekends and holidays, please be mindful that no proofs will be forthcoming on those days.
4) THE REVISION - Once you have reviewed your initial digital proof, please let us know if you would like to make any revisions. Two revisions are included in the price of your order before additional revision fees will apply. Should any additional proofs be required for an order beyond the first two, a $25.00 additional proofing fee will be incurred. So please feel free to take as long as you need to proof your stationery. If a revision is required, please allow 1 business day to revise and return your proof to you for your review. You also have the highly recommended option to request a hard copy proof of the final version of your invitation to be shipped to you for final approval prior to the full printing of your order. This will enable you to ensure that all colors are exactly as you would like them to be, as often times computer monitors show colors slightly different than they appear in person. The cost of the hard copy proof is $25 plus shipping.
5) THE FINAL PAYMENT - If you are ordering wedding invitations, after you have approved your digital proofs for printing, your final balance will be due. Your final balance due will be your total minus your previously paid deposit. We will invoice you for the remaining amount of your order including shipping via email. If you have ordered bridal shower or birthday invitations, your order will immediately go into production upon receipt of your proof approval. As your balance has already been received - no additional fees are due.
6) THE PRODUCTION & SHIPPING - After final payment of your order has been received, we will begin the production phase of your stationery order and promptly ship your items to you.
Notecard orders typically ship 3 business days from the date of purchase.
Social invitations typically ship within 1-3 weeks of receipt of your final payment.
Wedding invitations vary in shipping schedules due to the complexity of each order. The typical turnaround is 4-5 weeks or less during off peak wedding months.
All shipping is via USPS Priority Mail (including additional insurance) - unless you have requested a different carrier. If you would like FedEx - please advise so that those cost calculations can be added to your invoice. Please note that Priority Mail costs can be looked up online for cost verification. Insurance will also be added to your total to cover the entire amount of your order in the event that the USPS has a mishap with your order once it has been mailed. We will email you when your order has left our studio and provide you with the tracking number of your package so that you will know the exact date it is scheduled to be delivered.